Talking points today:
- The Volunteers basketball team is headed to NYC for the semifinals of the NIT Season Tip-Off after beating UNC-Wilmington 87-75 last night. The Vols forced UNC into 32 turnovers. JaJuan Smith poured in 21 points as the Seahawks keyed on Chris Lofton, who still put up 17, all night. Ryan Childress and Duke Crews added 14 and 13 points, respectively.
- Corn from a Jar updates his look at the Vols' big plays this year and offers a couple of reasons there have been fewer of them late in the season.
- Erik Ainge is probable for Saturday's game against Vanderbilt. Defensive end Robert Ayers will probably start for Antonio Reynolds, who's out with a neck sprain.
- Jonathan Hefney is one of 18 semifinalists for the inaugural Randy Moss Return Man Award. Does anybody else view this award with suspicion? An award created by Moss' publicists, perhaps?
- The Vols are using the painful memories of last year's loss to Vandy as motivation. I hope we're not talking about this again next year.