Here's your Volunteer water cooler talk for today:
- If you haven't seen it already, check out UTSports.com's excellent feature on David Cutcliffe: There's a Completion Out There Somewhere.
- Wide receivers Robert Meachem and Jayson Swain have combined for 734 yards after only four games this year, a feat that makes them the No. 1 receiving duo in the NCAA. Meachem is fifth in the nation and first in the SEC with 420 yards, and Swain is 32nd in the nation and sixth in the SEC with 314 yards.
- Yearling punter Britton Colquitt is ranked No. 6 in the nation with a 47.3 yard average.
- Offensive lineman Arron Sears was named the SEC's offensive lineman of the week.
- LaMarcus Coker's 146 yard effort against Marshall has won him the starting nod against Memphis. Arian Foster did return to practice Monday, though, after being limited by an ankle injury over the last couple of weeks. Redshirt freshman Josh McNeil will also get his first start this weekend against Memphis.
- Freshman defensive back Marsalous Johnson has served his suspension and been reinstated to the team.
- Tennessee is No. 8 in the College Football News poll and Nos. 15 and 18 in the AP and Coaches Poll respectively.
- The Tennessee-Georgia game is set for a 7:45 p.m. EST kickoff on ESPN.
- Corn from a Jar weighs in on "over-exuberant" fan Victoria Caldwell, who received a phone call from the UT athletic department last week asking her to tone it down at football games because other fans were complaining.