- The final 12 in the Getting to Know You series is coming shortly, although three of the 12 either haven't qualified or are looking like they won't.
- Keep your eye on Roll Bama Roll as they spend the week previewing Tennessee.
- If you haven't heard already, legendary UT basketball coach Ray Mears died yesterday at the age of 80. Athletic Director Mike Hamilton:
Coach Mears was a true Tennessee legend. He created a tradition of basketball success, pageantry, and fan support by which all future basketball teams and coaches will be measured. When speaking with fans of Coach Mears or one of his former players, everyone has a Stokely story or a memory of his great showmanship. He made a difference, he made an impression and he had great vision. He will be missed.
- Former Lady Vol and six-time WNBA All-Star Chamique Holdsclaw retired unexpectantly yesterday. She did not give a reason, saying only that she'd given it a lot of thought and that it was not an easy decision.
- Fulmer's Belly has some thoughts on the proposed SEC-TV channel.
All for now. Back later, hopefully.