- UTSports.com has relaunched with a groovy new look featuring . . . a black background. What a great idea!
- RTT No. 10 Rolando Melancon is officially headed to City College of San Francisco. That makes three of the 32 signees, the other two being RTT No. 6 Rae Sykes and RTT No. 32 Cory Hall, that are re-routing to junior college. Remember that Deshaun Barnes has been granted a release from his letter of intent. There are currently 25 signees on campus with three more (RTT No. 23 C.J. Fleming, RTT No. 18 Rufus Williams, and RTT No. 25 Dennis Rogan) coming. Unfortunately, there are only two more scholarships left, so if all three show up, one will likely be asked to grayshirt. By the way, Melancon says he's still committed to UT. See you in two years, Rolando.
- Former Vol Justin Harrell may be a long shot to start for the Green Bay Packers his rookie season.
- Another former Vol, Dustin Colquitt, will be writing a (misnomer alert!) "weekly blog" for the Kansas City Chiefs in addition to kicking for them this year.
- VolQuest's Chris Low compares coach Fulmer's record against the other current SEC coaches to those of the other current SEC coaches. Coach Fulmer's record is 24-23. Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville has the most wins with 27, and Florida coach Urban Meyer has the best winning percentage with a stunning 80%. The most interesting fact to me was that Alabama coach Nick Saban's record is just above 50%, not much better than Fulmer's percentage. Anyway, if you have access, go check out the whole thing. It's interesting stuff.
- Don't miss Loser with Socks' post on the classifications of message board posters.
All for now.