- Best MSM Blog, at Burnt Orange Nation;
- Best Writing, at Every Day Should Be Saturday (last year's winner);
- Best ACC Blog, at Rocky Top Talk;
- Best Big East/Notre Dame Blog, at Blue Gray Sky (last year's winner);
- Best Big 10 Blog, at MGoBlog (last year's winner);
- Best Big 12 Blog, at Burnt Orange Nation (last year's winner);
- Best SEC Blog, at Every Day Should Be Saturday (last year's winner);
- Best Non-BCS Blog, at MGoBlog;
- Best National Blog, at Sunday Morning Quarterback (last year's winner); and
- Mythical National Champion, at Every Day Should Be Saturday (last year's winner).
PEOPLE'S CHAMP AWARD2007 Nominees:
- Burnt Orange Nation
- Every Day Should Be Saturday
- Rocky Top Talk
- Sunday Morning Quarterback
- The Wizard of Odds
And the winner is . . .
. . . Every Day Should Be Saturday. Really, was there any doubt? I mean whose incandescently bright idea was it to post the poll for the People's Champ Award at Orson's anyway? Shoot, that's like having college football coaches vote in polls that will decide post-season bowl . . . wait:
Seriously, though. There can be no doubt that every blog should be Every Day Should Be Saturday. Let's recap:
- 2006 Funniest Blog;
- 2006 Best Audio;
- 2006 Best Writing;
- 2006 Best Post: Funniest;
- 2006 Best SEC Blog;
- 2006 Mythical National Champion;
- 2007 Best Post: Funniest;
- 2007 Best Audio;
- 2007 Best Recurring Feature;
- 2007 Best MSM Blog;
- 2007 Best National Blog;
- 2007 People's Champ Award (yeah, this one);
- 2006 Best Recurring Feature, runner-up;
- 2006 Best Community, runner-up;
- 2007 Best YouTube, runner-up; and
- 2007 Best Community, runner-up.
The bearded lunatic is the reason the CFBA Cabal instituted the Rule Against Repeats. He's also the reason we instituted the Exception to the Rule Against Repeats. In short, he's the reason rules are made and the reason rules are broken. He sets the standard, and, as SMQ said yesterday, he does so with every single post.
The runner-up is MGoBlog, who would no doubt agree that there's no shame in losing to Orson. Like Orson, Brian's got some serious range. One post may feature a sabre-toothed tongue administering fifty lashes in a single post to unsuspecting rival-conference bloggers, but the next may display that of an adorable, cuddly kitten brilliantly accessorized with a fresh-out-of-the-gift-box pink theme to match (no link to the internet archive yet; the wayback machine is still trying to make sense of it). Only the sire of the BlogPoll can grasp the big picture and still manage to maintain a staggering attention to detail. He can spot the faintest inkling of an idea before anyone else and bring it to fruition in such a manner as to discourage anyone else from ever attempting to duplicate it.
Well-deserved congratulation to Brian at MGoBlog.
Now (that's a relative term, there) head over to Every Day Should Be Saturday, who's apt to close the show with a broadway number or something.
P.S. Special note to bloggers shut out in this year's CFBAs
The Old Philosopher has a special message for any blogger going home empty this year:
NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER GIVE UP THAT . . . SHIP-pah!