Still playing catch up, so quickie links this morning:
Tell me that's not evil.
Photo credit: KhayaL
- First off, thanks for your indulgence the last couple of days as we got through the second year of the CFBAs. Thanks, too, to everyone who voted for RTT. We were fortunate enough to take home awards for the Best SEC Blog and Best Looking Blog. So woo for orange.
- Taskmaster Trev is back, and this time I got my homework in on time.
- Fulmer's Belly asks an intriguing question: will Bruce Pearl receive as much criticism as The Papa if Pearl wins a national championship early and then doesn't repeat the feat?
- Of course, there's yet another huge game tonight. Let's see, at No. 1 Memphis, Orange Jacket game at Vandy, Orange Jacket game at home against Kentucky, and a No-Sweat-Suit game at Florida. Are we tired yet? Of course, but there's a lot at stake: with a victory we can win the SEC East outright and clinch no worse than a tie with Mississippi State for the overall SEC title. It's going to be tough, though, as Gainesville is probably the SEC's harshest venue and the Gators are viewing the game as an opportunity to solidify an NCAA Tournament bid. What we need is Tyler Smith to make like Dane Bradshaw and seal the game with another sweet steal-and-spin move.
- In other basketball news, if you're one of the many fans concerned about the Vols' point guard play, Ghost informs us that help may be on its way.
- Late entry. The BruceBall Blog's Tennessee-Florida preview.
All for today. See you at the game thread tonight.