Just a few scrimmage notes before I head out this morning:
- No interceptions from Crompton, who went 12-18 for 101 yards and one touchdown -- a "great throw," according to recipient Gerald Jones, who had found just a bit of space between Eric Berry and some unidentified defender. Crompton also led the team on another drive that ended with a mid-range field goal by Daniel Lincoln. Clawson says that Crompton is playing faster every time he steps on the field. Clock and huddle management was good.
- The receivers were consistently able to find space.
- The offensive line got a strong push and made room for the running backs.
- The Clawfense will begin sculpting this week, whittling away at the playbook until they discover its best and truest form for this team.
- Freshman Tauren Poole continues to turn heads. Poole had a 20-yard run that featured several broken tackles and averaged between six and seven yards behind the first team o-line.
All for now. Thoughts?