- The Iowa Hawkeyes' first loss of the season has Black Heart Gold Pants taking a serious look at offensive coordinator Ken O'Keefe. Northwestern blog Sippin on Purple, though, is just celebrating a historic win: "It's not every year you even get to play a top five ranked team, let alone beat one. I mean, at NU, it's not every half-century you beat a top five ranked team."
- Buckeyes blog We Will Always Have Tempe is wondering whether Ohio State can trade stadiums with Penn State, and Black Shoe Diaries is lamenting Joe Paterno's conservative play-calling in the loss to the Buckeyes: "Please don't tell me you were hoping the special teams were going to bail you out sooner or later. You can't return fair catches for touchdowns, you know."
- Roll Bama Roll has some initial impressions on the Crimson Tide's SEC-West-sealing victory over the LSU Tigers. And the Valley Shook, by the way, says that the game was not decided by the blown interception call that went against the Tigers in the fourth quarter.
- Tomahawk Nation reports that Florida State Seminole QB Christian Ponder is finished for the season.
* ATQ says Stanford whipped Oregon by taking a play out of Chip Kelly's playbook.
* After Saturday's win over UW, Bruins Nation says UCLA is now officially Kevin Prince's team. On the other side, UW Dawg Pound questions Steve Sarkisian's playcalling and clock management.
* Building the Dam is impressed Jeff Tedford blamed the Cal loss on he and his staff being outcoached.
* Meanwhile, California Golden Blogs is much more concerned about Jahvid Best, concussions, and the future of football.
* Coug Center finds a reason to smile about WSU football: QB recruit Connor Halliday.
* The Big 12 North race is complicated. Bring on the Cats helps sort it all out.
* Colt McCoy and Jordan Shipley set all sorts of records in Texas' 35-3 win over Central Florida.
* It's a straight-A report card for the Nebraska defense after the Huskers' 10-3 win over Oklahoma.
* C&CM is very concerned that Oklahoma could go into a tailspin, looking like they "couldn't care less."
* Rock M Nation is disgusted by fans hosing Blaine Gabbert on Twitter; as players race to defend their quarterback, RMN jumps in with a solidarity campaign.
* The Smoking Musket asks which was worse on Saturday -- West Virginia's fans or its quarterback?
* BCS Evolution has a complete breakdown of this week's standings and all the stakes heading forward.
* Huge, huge game in the Mountain West this week as TCU takes on Utah. Block U has the big preview. MWC Connection notes that ESPN's Gameday show will be headed to Fort Worth.
* HOOPS Blogging the Bracket continues its amazing conference previewing: the ACC, the Northeast Conference, the Mountain West, the A-10, and Conference USA.