Oh yeah? Yeah! The whole trash-talking thing? Not just happening in the media. Tennessee's assistant coaches also routinely taunt each other during all phases of practice. Yesterday, Frank Wilson threw down the gauntlet, pronouncing before practice that the offense was going to outstretch the defense ($). "Everything's a competition," said Gerald Jones with a grin. I'm just hoping they don't get into blogging or I'll just simply wilt.
- Good news? Bad news? WR Austin Rogers is winning one-on-one battles ($), presumably against our secondary, and he's starting to feel it.
- Need more feet! Tennessee has offered a scholarship to a punter not named Colquitt ($), Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin Will Hagerup. The placekickers currently on the roster are not yet getting it done ($).
- The Loneliest Number is Not a Number at All. Brandon Warren, who's been moved from tight end to wide receiver, is voluntarily practicing in a numberless jersey until he feels like he deserves his old No. 1.
- More QB divots! Yay! Rico McCoy's move to sam linebacker should result in better opportunities for McCoy to rush the passer impeded only by a running back who would rather be running than blocking.
- Pahokee Okay. Life at Pahokee high school is just fine, thank you, says Nu'Keese Richardson, despite Lane Kiffin's criticism of the school just after National Signing Day.
- All nine lives in two short years? In what may have been Billy Gillispie's last game as Kentucky's coach, the Wildcats lost to Notre Dame, 67-77.
- He's not going to be the Alabama coach, okay? Virginia Commonwealth coach Anthony Grant appears to be the front-runner for the head coaching position at Alabama.
- UConn't just break the rules! Connecticut basketball coach Jim Calhoun and the university are looking into a Yahoo! Sports report alleging that the school broke NCAA recruiting rules.