- Because Lane Kiffin refused to do it . . . Drew Edwards has the projected depth chart for the offense line with a complete breakdown as well.
Kiffin to name a starting QB. Maybe. Kiffin and the rest of the offensive coaches will spend the next several days evaluating tape of the QBs in hopes of maybeperhapspossibly naming a starter:
We're going to still break it down, the whole spring, go back and take all their throws and put them together by concept and everything. At that point, maybe we'll be able to put something together. We may not, just go into fall. We'll figure it out.
- Look out, Mountain! Kiffin has assigned recruiting the Chattanooga area to Ed Orgeron.
- Bruce Pearl said yesterday that he expects Tyler Smith to declare for the NBA draft without hiring an agent, which means he can work out with some teams and gauge his draft stock without blowing up the bridge that would allow him to return to Tennessee.
- Year2 at Team Speed Kills has more excellent analysis of QB throwing motions and release times.
- John Calipari has been named the Men's College Basketball Coach of the Year by the Tennessee Sports Writers Association for the second year in a row. Fortunately, that will be his last.
- Is Rick Pitino the victim of attempted extortion?