- Tennessee's post-spring depth chart has two or more players "bracketed" (no decision) first-team at nine of 22 positions ($).
- Mel Kiper says Eric Berry is the top prospect for next year's NFL Draft. Drew Edwards is skeptical, noting the NFL's general undervaluing of the safety position.
- Monte Kiffin took an entire afternoon off to recover from offseason back surgery he'd been putting off for years. Slacker.
- Kiffin told a group of fans in Franklin that he wanted B.J. Coleman to stay. "He really had a slow spring at the beginning and had come around the last couple of weeks."
- Lane Kiffin has "run off" more players in his transition period than did Michigan's Rich Rodriguez in his.Yeah, southern speed, etc., etc., etc., harhar.
- Bruce Pearl told that same group of fans in Franklin that he was "trying to date [Lane Kiffin's] wife" but that it "[wasn't] working out too good."
- Bring on the Cats responds to a Tulsa World journalist's suggestion that the Big 12 be radically restructured.
- Track 'Em Tigers lists fives things that should make a comeback in college football, including the Three-Hour Game:
Darwinists have predicted that the current CFB will have evolved into six and a half hours by 2085. We can put a man on the moon, but can't get one hour of football with requisite commercials in thrice that interval? Three hours was long enough for Gilligan and the crew to get stranded on an uncharted desert isle. Why can't we get it done? I devote less time to sleep a lot of nights than I do to the average televised Auburn game.