Crumbs, but lots of 'em. With Tennessee concluding a camp this past weekend, there are a ton of articles from this weekend and this morning saying essentially that "recruit X liked Tennessee." Some of the more notable bits:
- QB Jesse Scroggins, who loved the trip, plans to announce his decision sometime next week, would like to play with his cousin receiver Jerry Anderson from Houston High School in Germantown, and hopes Tennessee "can make that happen."
- DL Richard Ash, one of the Pahokee guys, who called the trip "so much better than I expected it to be" and Ed Orgeron "incredible."
- RB Lache Seastrunk, the #1 or #2 running back in the 2010 class, (yes, that guy), was supposed to have made an unofficial visit Saturday.
- WR DeMarco Cobbs -- a top 100 receiver with 37 offers including UT, USC, Florida, Georgia, Alabama, and LSU -- didn't attend the camp but still expects Tennessee to make his top 5.
- DT Todd Chandler says he is still committed to Miami, but Tennessee "has his mind wandering."
- You don't say. QB, of course, is the biggest need for Tennessee, so it's good to know what we're looking for: a brain and an arm, in that order. If Scroggins can walk a mile on his arms, how far must he be able to go on his brain?
- Drumroll, please. Tim Tebow says the best non-Gator in the SEC is . . . Eric Berry.
- From puttin' on to takin' off for Tennessee. Bobby Maze has cut his hair in honor of a new beginning.
- LSU pounded Arkansas 14-5 to get to the College World Series championship. The talented Tigers will take on magical Texas, and SB Nation blogs And the Valley Shook and Burnt Orange Nation are trading questions.
- The Rivalry, Esq. chooses the 2000 Orange Bowl between Michigan and Alabama as #2 on their list of the Top 10 SEC-Big Ten Games of the last Decade.
- Auburn's undefeated 1993 season under Tommy Bowden, who somehow remains a lightning rod in Alabama, remains "the most improbable in Auburn history."
- Which SEC coaches could survive a march across sub-Saharan Africa? Hint: one of Lane Kiffin and Urban Meyer don't make it.
Later today here at RTT
- A fantastic new addition to the SB Nation SEC Blogroll.
- Ed Orgeron dares you to move . . . and wins.
- What are the odds? Thoughts on Stallworth, Little, and Goodrich
- Around the SB Nation