- Good night, Jim Bob. Former backup quarterback Jim Bob Cooter was recently arrested and charged with aggravated burglary (wrongful entry of a "habitation" with the intent to commit a felony, theft, or assault) after entering through some poor girl's window, stripping to his skivvies, and climbing into her bed. Moving on.
- Got money? Want tickets? Support women's studies. Tennessee has instituted a new donation policy that requires any donors wanting football tickets to contribute to the new Tennessee Fund, which the athletic department will oversee. You can give a gift to academics, but you can't designate that gift for any particular academic programs. You can give a gift to a specific academic program, but then you won't be eligible for season tickets. So gone are the days of graduates of the medical, law, or engineering schools being rewarded with season tickets for supporting the schools from which they graduated.
- Strength and quickness. GVX has a feature on Tennessee's new strength and conditioning coach Aaron Ausmus, who became a full-time assistant at USC in 2002 and Ole Miss's head strength coach in 2005.
- It's Maccabiah Game time for Bruce and Steven Pearl again.
- Whew. Xavier Henry is indeed going to Kansas and not to help Kentucky with its perimeter shooting. Pop multiple choice quiz! A Sea of Blue says (1) Crap; (2) Jerk!; (3) we never wanted him anyway; or (4) I am pleased that the young man has kept his word.
- Ooh, ooh, ooh! Are Georgia and Michigan headed for a home-and-home in 2010 and 2011? No. And no.
- Patience, imposed. Steve Spurrier will likely give South Carolina QB Stephen Garcia more leeway this season, not because he's developed patience or anything, but because he really has no other options.
- Roll Bama Roll provides a brief history of Nick Saban's 3-4 defense.
- Ooh, pretty! Clay Travis on college athletes and Facebook, including a sneaky tip on how to get them to add you as a friend.
- The RTT create your own UT uniform contest
- Around the SB Nation