First, your morning wake-up (h/t dhj):
- Remembering John Ward Lawvol at Gate21 has a terrific tribute to the 10-year anniversary of John Ward's retirement. As an outsider at the time, let me say just how blessed you were to have an announcer of his caliber.
- Kickers, Ho! Mike Palardy talks about his commitment with Dave Hooker. Quick question: is the excitement around Palardy's commitment more a function of his skills, or of the problems in UT's special teams over the last few years?
- Who to stalk now? Now that Scroggins has a date set and the top kicker is off the board, who should the stalkers follow? How about Kyle Prater ($), who appears to be close to UT commit Zach Fulton? Or perhaps Cody Riggs ($), brother of Vol favorite Gerald Riggs and member of the Eddie Gran Recruiting Territory Club?
- "Scout"ing Report. Scout.com has a preview of Western Kentucky - Lane Kiffin's very first opponent as a college head coach.
- The Other Side of Football: More of the incoming football freshmen are starting classes this week (second term). It's not talked about much, but the summer session is, for most athletes, their first time away from home.
- NBA VOLS, UNITE! We may very well have two Vols in the NBA shortly; Marcus Haislip should sign with the Spurs on Wednesday when the moratorium is lifted. Woo for two!
- Lady Vols, Show Us What You Got Pat Summit is not one to pad the schedule and starts next season by hosting Baylor. Baylor is the school with the 6'8" center Brittney Griner; this should be a really, really interesting matchup. Kelley Cain, anyone?