Somehow, this was less pleasant to assemble than last week's. Here's the rough draft; like last week, there are a few teams that seat in relatively well, but most of this is still mush. A few notes after the bump:
|Last week's ballot|
- At the top. It wasn't a pretty game, but going into Ohio and beating The with a true freshman quarterback is noteworthy. USC will rightly be favored throughout, and I think they deserve the top slot so far. Otherwise, #2 through about #5 can go in any order. I don't really care about that level of detail yet.
- Mid-majors. Houston deserves some attention after going into Stillwater and making Georgia look foolish by association. I'm thinking I should bump them ahead of Georgia right now, but I want some feedback first.
- Oklahoma at #9. I don't know where to put them, but I don't think anybody else deserves to be ahead of them yet. They barely lost to BYU on a neutral field, and I have BYU at #7, so I'm ok with this. But I'm open to suggestion.
- North Carolina. Help? What an ugly game.
- Auburn. Are they better than Georgia right now? This is why I really don't care for polls this early in the season.
- Missing. There are plenty of worthy teams still missing in the polls. I have a feeling I've missed some news from the weekend that would otherwise bump somebody in that isn't in right now.
The final ballot is due Wednesday. Let me know what you think.