Around the SB Nation college network today:
- A Sea of Blue, on Kentucky's first loss of the season (62-68 to South Carolina): "Well, that #1 ranking was nice while it lasted."
- Tonight's match up between Tennessee and Vanderbilt is the evening's only contest between two top 25 teams. Rocky Top Talk and Anchor of Gold each have previews.
- The Only Colors, recovering from a second consecutive one-point victory (a 57-56 win over Michigan last night), says Michigan State simply specializes in winning.
- Shakin the Southland says Clemson's 69-75 loss to Boston College last night was "absolutely pathetic."
- Bloggin The Bracket has your college hoops round up.
- Casual Hoya hands out awards, such as they are, for Georgetown's double-digit loss to Syracuse. On the flipside Troy Nunes is really having fun with this win. I mean, really.
- Corn Nation reports that after Nebraska agreed to move up the Nebraska-Texas football game to a Thursday night game, Texas rejected the proposal.
- With Kansas likely to re-ascend to #1, Rock Chalk Talk reminds Jayhawks fans to have fun on the ride.
- The Smoking Muskey cringes at recent WVU fan behavior and asks: are they intimidating or idiots?
- BC Interruption identifies the ACC players participating in this year's Super Bowl.
- Rocky Top Talk attempts to throw Lane Kiffin and USC off Tennessee's trail to prevent them from stealing anything else.
- AZ Desert Swarm reports that Matt Brown, Arizona's top QB recruit, has de-committed from the Wildcats and will attend TCU, saying that after Sonny Dykes left for Louisiana Tech the day after his and Mike Stoops' in-home visit, he couldn't reach Stoops to ask what was going on.
- I Am The 12th Man looks ahead to next fall and says the offensive line shouldn't be a concern for Texas A&M. Elsewhere in the Big 12, Rock M Nation looks ahead to next fall and sees at Missouri a young linebacking corps "teeming with upside."
- Vanquish the Foe is excited that BYU has agreed to a one-game series deal with the Texas Longhorns in Austin.
- One Bronco Nation Under God profiles Matt Miller, the phenomenal wide receiver recruit from Montana.
- House of Sparky interviews a member of the Arizona State gymnastics team.