Rocky Top Talking Points, Nobody Here But Us Chickens Edition:
"Open dates are tough on every team," Dooley said. "Who wants to practice when you don't play? Not many guys.
Or Talking Pointers! So here's your quick-and-dirty talking points for while you're gearing up for tonight's South Florida-West Virginia non-stop thrillride:
- Thanks to the efforts of our fancifully-named new commit Trevarris Saulsberry, his Gainesville (HA!) High teammate, Rivals-ranked 44th best defensive end Jordan Williams committed to the Vols yesterday.
- If you haven't been following this whole 'former agent Josh Luchs at one time had half of Division I on his payroll' story, along with alleging he gave former Vols running back Chuck Webb a couple hundred bucks, paid the late Chris Mims $500 a month his senior year, and was basically using UCLA as an employment office, he was also (!!!) paying off America's Own Walking Money Pit Ryan Leaf. Some guys get all the luck....
- Current casualty list: Defensive Tackle Montori Hughes is wearing some sort of hurt-foot boot contraption around campus and is indeterminate against Alabama. Daniel Lincoln and tackle Dallas Thomas are both sitting out practice this week, but will be evaluated again later for next week's practice and game.
- Rocky Top Talk readers are apparently all a big bunch of nerdy-nerd nerd-os. (I kid! Because I love.)
- And since there's nothing better to pad a slow news day than mean-spirited vitriol: Urban Meyer says Chris Rainey 'is not a violent person.' Which sucks for him, as threatening to kill people is also a crime.
- Further schadenfreude: Chris Low asks "How much do Gators miss Dan Mullen?" This much?