Around SB Nation's college blogs today:
- With Auburn jumping into the top spot in the BCS standings this week, fans are cautiously optimistic about the Tigers' chances to finish the season strong and play for the national championship.
- Not surprisingly, Boise State blog OBNUG thinks the jury is still out on Auburn.
- Meanwhile, Oregon blog Addicted to Quack argues that although Oregon and Auburn are the "clear national favorites," the fact that there are, once again, so many teams worthy of competing for a national championship means that college football needs a playoff.
- Black Heart Gold Pants has its top ten reasons Iowa will lose to Michigan State.
- Corn Nation provides a list of the things Nebraska will need to do to stop Missouri quarterback Blaine Gabbert this weekend.