Around SB Nation's college blogs today:
- Testudo Times says that Maryland sent Ralph Friedgen out just the right way, with a blowout win over East Carolina in the Military Bowl, just as the blog predicted yesterday.
- Cowboys Ride for Free recaps Oklahoma State's dominating performance over Arizona in the Alamo Bowl yesterday and has some friendly advice for any Wildcat fans who DVRd the game with the hopes of watching it today: "just hit yourself in the face with something hard and go to bed" instead.
- Carolina March thinks the Tar Heels can beat the Vols even without running back Anthony Elzy. Team Speed Kills notes that both teams should be glad to still be playing after very tumultuous seasons.
- Corn Nation says there are reasons to believe that the Holiday Bowl between Nebraska and Washington won't just be a repeat of the dominating Husker win in September.
- Big Ten blog Off Tackle Empire has an in-depth preview of the Outback Bowl between Penn State and Florida.