Talking Points for 4/6/10:
- I'm not sure where to find the official version of One Shining Moment -- the official NCAA Tournament highlight video -- but millions of YouTubers are likely to post it all day as fast as the infringement patrol can disable them. If you find the official version, do us all a favor and post a link in the comment section. Why do we care? Because there are a couple of different shots of players in the right shade of orange, including Wayne Chism, J.P. Prince (salute!), Bobby Maze, and Brian Williams. Oh, and because that was one fantastic game last night. Who knew basketball was also a game of inches?
- Speaking of . . . you can now preorder the Vol Network Basketball Season Highlight DVD, which really should have a snazzier name by the time they actually press the thing later this spring.
- The April 17 Orange and White Game schedule has been set: Fans Day begins at 10:30 a.m. at Haslam Field with gates along the Pat Head Summitt Street entrance opening at 9:45 a.m. Neyland Stadium gates open at 12:30 p.m. for the 2:00 p.m. kickoff. Tickets are $5 and can be purchased at uttix.com.
- Don't expect to leave the Orange and White Game knowing who our quarterback will be. We won't ($?). Yes, we've said this before, but the coaches keep saying it, so we'll keep repeating it.
- Coach Dooley is seriously serious about special teams. Seriously. He means it. Really.
- The Tennessee-Memphis game on November 6 is set for an 8:00 p.m. kickoff. It's currently the only game with a set start time, and it will be broadcast by CBS College Sports. Yeah, go check your lineup because that channel is probably not among the 1,000 Channel Digital Preferred Premier Package of Poo to which you are currently subscribed.
- Not Vols, but interesting . . . Florida's probably going to use two quarterbacks this year. One guy for first and second down and one guy to run to the left on third down, like they did with Chris Leak and Tim Tebow back in the day. It will be interesting to see if that's a good strategy or whether it only worked because Tebow was involved.