Newspapers used to call these "briefs," but since underwear is perilously close to "pants," and we don't care for pants around here, you'll have to settle for Talking Points...
- Eric Gordon, frosh CB: "When you're on the field, there's no homeboys." Precious says cornerback play has improved "light years" since he got there. Gerald Jones' "you-know-what" can attest: "(Florida’s) Joe Haden was probably the most physical corner I’d faced before I faced Eric ... Eric is his own kind of guy. He plays every day like he’s (ticked) off at the world. ... Nobody I’ve ever played against is like Eric Gordon. He’s the most physical guy I’ve ever faced." And from QB Matt Simms, since I never get tired of reading these: "He’s a very intense and physical corner. It’s tough to go to him on some plays, because you know he’s just going to grab that receiver and kind of manhandle him and boss him around."
- Tennessee is 1 of 14 major schools with a profitable athletic department. Meanwhile, UTC is making do with an $8,835,198 budget, which would more or less cover linebacker bribes at Bama.
- I'm excited about all of the new stadium improvments, but I'm afraid a 50-foot tall Doug Atkins might induce a coma after a few too many Tennessee Teas. Good thing the concrete I'll hit my head on is shiny and new.
- Tom Mattingly: "Could anyone know or understand less about the history of the program?" I love when the Vol Historian feeds the trolls. He called out something I wrote at some point a while ago but I'm too lazy to look it up, thus proving that the Internet is full of no-good slackers.
- Times Free Press beat writer Wes Rucker thinks he's going to get a weekend off since the Vols get the weekend off. That's adorable.
- I wholeheartedly endorse Hooper's decision to leave USC off the BlogPoll Ballot. Not that I know what a BlogPoll is since it doesn't come out quickly enough to be useful to degenerate gamblers.
- Not UT news, but bravo Tyler Thomas. You show 'em.