With the tweets put out by [FULMERIZED], I though it might be fun to compile a list of Pros and Cons of Mike Hamilton's tenure as UT Athletic Director along with an approval poll for his job performance. I'll list the Pros Vs. Cons and approval poll after the jump as I see them thus far. If I leave something out or you disagree with a categorization, leave it in the comments and I'll adjust.
Mike Hamilton's Pros, Cons, and Neutralises
- Renovation of Thompson-Boling Arena
- Renovation of Neyland Stadium
- Hiring of Bruce Pearl
- Maintaining or reestablishing relationships with Tennessee legends including Peyton, Johnny, Al, Ernie, Bernie, and a "host of Volunteers"
- Maintaining status quo of Judy Cronan being in charge of Lady Vols athletic programs
- Maintaining a balanced budget for the athletic department that includes a surplus
- Hiring of Men's Tennis coach Sam Winterbotham
- Hiring and subsequent handling of Lane Kiffin
- Changing student ticket policy to students must purchase
- Adding FCS teams to the football schedule
- Handling of the North Carolina scheduling issue
- Handling of baseball program and coach replacement
- Moving the football schedule to 8 home games. Possibly as a means to maintain balanced budget during recession.
- Firing of Phillip Fulmer. I honestly don't think he had a choice nor would have any AD.
- Black Jerseys. The fan base is polarized about this issue and will always be. It wasn't all Mike Hamilton's doing just his ultimate approval that even lands this on the list.
What did I forget?