- Mike Strange ticks off a list of over 20 things you didn't know about Barbara Dooley, including this one:
She also found time to raise four kids, two boys and two girls. There are 11 grandchildren now and when they all visit, she says her house smells "like a urinal."
Somewhere, Derek Dooley is inserting "flush the toilet" just ahead of "proper shower technique" under the heading Relentless Personal Hygiene on his ever-growing list of details for his charges to get right.
- Offensive lineman Alex Bullard, a transfer from Notre Dame awaiting word from the NCAA on his hardship waiver request for immediate eligibility, is preparing like he's going to play. Bullard moved closer to home after the death of his father last year.
- Tauren Poole's goal this season is to become only the second Volunteer to ever post back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons. Johnnie Jones did it in 1983 and '84.
- Congrats to Daniel Lincoln, who's been named to the 2011 National Football Foundation Hampshire Honor Society.
- No surprise here for Tennessee (just you wait!), but Mr. SEC ranks the SEC programs' respective rights to boast.