Another week, another instance of little movement at the top and complete chaos down around 14 and below. I really should go back and figure out what the aggregate record of teams we rank 14-20 is, because I think about 90% of motion in our BlogPoll so far has been from teams in that area losing. We need stats to reach a reasonable enough amount, ...er, stat.
Some notes below the jump.
- I'm still not sold on anything in the bottom five, but it's also the bottom five. I figure at this point we may as well reserve those for the honorary cute teams (in this case, FIU and Iowa State) until we get up and running.
- I can't believe Virginia Tech is at 13. Also, randomly spiking Arkansas looks weird but I think that was a long time coming, and is half the reason it looks weird that VT is at 13. The other half of the reason? I couldn't justify putting FSU below them, if only because it'd put VT at 12.
- Georgia Tech's jump of 11 "spots" was still less than their average yards per carry on Saturday.
- It looks weird to rank Michigan and not Ohio State, and how long has it been since anyone has said that sentence?
- I still have some unresolved issues in the SEC Power Poll. Help a brother out, please? I still don't know what to do with Vanderbilt; putting them at 10 doesn't seem right, but neither does putting them at 6. Then again, it doesn't look right to put Auburn at 6 after they lost.