USA TODAY Sports
It's the (less wonderful without Tennessee in it but living vicariously through Cincinnati) most wonderful time of the year...
Football! 35 bowls in 23 days kick off Saturday, December 15 with the New Mexico Bowl at 1:00 PM ET (Arizona vs Nevada) and the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl at 4:30 PM ET (#22 Utah State vs Toledo). Here's your open thread for all the action along the way.
Our bowl pick 'em trends for the 2012-13 games:
- Biggest Majority: 100% Oklahoma State over Purdue (Heart of Dallas), 98% Arizona over Nevada (New Mexico Bowl); 98% Florida over Louisville (take that, Charlie Strong) (Sugar Bowl)
- Most Confident: 96% Florida State over Northern Illinois with an average of 30.4 confidence points on FSU (Orange Bowl)
- Closest Calls: 51% Northwestern over Mississippi State (Gator), 53% Kent State over Arkansas State (GoDaddy.com), 54% San Diego State over BYU (Poinsettia)
- Least Confident: Poinsettia Bowl (6.3 average confidence points on BYU, 4.5 average on SDSU)
- National Championship: 82% Alabama over Notre Dame
- SEC Projection: 8-1 with Northwestern holding a 2% advantage on Mississippi State
- Most Interesting: More people think Texas A&M will beat Oklahoma (77%) than LSU will beat Clemson (74%); a whopping 91% like Vanderbilt over NC State in the Tennessee Transitive Property Bowl; 70% like Cincinnati over Duke in the Once and Future Kings of Knoxville Bowl; a whole 23% of you think Dave Clawson is going to win a bowl game.