Hey, look! It's the return of Talking Points.
- Thanks, I needed that, and so did you. ;-)
- Did you realize that Steve Stripling is Tennessee's 6th defensive line coach in 6 years? Somebody could have some fun making one of those evolutionary image charts that begins with Ed Orgeron at one end and ends with Stripling at the other.
- Go ahead and get excited about recruiting, but do know that new coaches are always behind the 8-ball. This, from Scout:
Scout.com had nine SEC teams in its top 25 entering the weekend, headed by Texas A&M at No. 3, LSU at No. 5, Georgia at No. 6, Florida at No. 7 and Alabama at No. 8. None of the teams with new coaches were in the top 25, with Auburn 27th, Tennessee 42nd, Arkansas 55th and Kentucky 58th.
- And on that front, Butch Jones and Tennessee are impressing the folks they're getting to campus, including dual-threat QB John Franklin, linebacker Jermaine Grace, offensive lineman Chongo Kondolo, and junior-college tight end Woody Quinn.
- If you don't subscribe to 247, you can't read its Monday morning VIP column, and you'll miss out on stories that include phrases like "old-school sick in a trash can."
- I dare you to watch this video of new wide receivers coach Zach Azzanni and not immediately like him: