You want upsets, we got upsets in Week 8, with 14-6 winning the week:
|2||Hating Butch before hating Butch is cool.||14-6||162||27-21|
|4||GMU Vols Picks||15-5||159||26-27**|
|7||Run to the Checkers||15-5||156||24-31**|
Meanwhile in the overall standings:
|10||Joel @ RTT||125-35||1411|
The Whatever Saturday in October We're Calling It trends:
- One brave soul is currently taking the Wildcats in Starkville tonight. Spoiler alert: it was me. Cats have been relatively competitive with everyone except Alabama despite the 1-5 record. Mississippi State beat the Clawfense by a single point. Just saying.
- 83.3% are taking BYU at home tomorrow night against Boise State; the Broncos are a 7.5 point underdog against non-BCS competition for the first time in like a decade, maybe?
- 10.4% believe in Butch Jones and the Vols in Tuscaloosa this week. At least the Tide didn't earn the most confident pick of the week again; that honor belongs to Florida State, with 18.6 confidence points on average in their home date with NC State and 100% of the vote.
- Tough calls this week: 70.8% take Oklahoma at home against undefeated Texas Tech, 72.9% like Ed Orgeron's Trojans at home against Utah, 70.8% are taking Missouri to hold serve at home against South Carolina. Texas is getting 75% at TCU. Did y'all not learn?
- And finally, 0% are taking Vanderbilt on the road at Texas A&M, so there's still some sense left out there. Signed, the guy in 58th place.