I got a bit distracted with the #FillNeyland post this morning, but here are a few Quickie Talking Points for today.
- Tyler Bray is going to be featured on Gruden's QB Camp thing Friday at 5:30 on ESPNU. Lots of interesting reasons to watch that. Would Bray have stayed if UT would have hired Gruden? How would they have interacted with each other? It's almost like alternate history fiction. Woo.
- The whole "sudden change" thing is designed to keep the players focused when something blindsides the team. You know, like what happened over and over again the past couple of years? Neal recently admitted that everyone "started looking crazy" when that stuff happened last year, but now sudden change is a daily occurrence, and they roll with it. . . . For instance: The coaches recently set up an impromptu new special teams drill near the end of spring practice, telling the punt returners that they had to stay outside the hashmark and only get past three defenders. Throwing them curve balls over and over again and being right there to make them focus conditions their reaction to the unexpected.
- Marlin Lane is apparently doing what he needs to do to get out of his suspension, but he's also apparently not quite done doing it. Whatever it is. . . . In the meantime, Rajion Neal is impressing Jones and the rest of the staff with his increasing toughness.
- Dan McCullers got a congratulatory text from Jones for getting his 350 pounds down the field and forcing a Pig Howard fumble earlier in the day.
- The motivational quote of the day is Ray Lewis's "Effort is between you and you."