The Tennessee Volunteer Baseball team has now moved to 17-2 on the year and 2-1 in conference play after winning its opening SEC series of the season at Missouri. The Vols look to win their first back-to-back SEC series since 2010 when they managed to string together three in a row against Vanderbilt, Kentucky, and Georgia. The Vols have not opened the season with back-to-back SEC series wins since the 2001 season, when they defeated Florida and South Carolina.
Tennessee in the Polls: Collegiate Baseball #14 (Last week 17), Perfect Game #16 (19), USA Today Coaches' Poll #16 (17), Baseball America #18 (22), National Collegiate Baseball Writers #21 (26)
Last Week: 3-1
- Tuesday March 11, 2014 @ MTSU: Vols 2 - MTSU 0. The Vols had lost 5 in a row previously to MTSU, but managed to score 2 in the 3rd inning and hold on for the win. The Vols gave up 5 hits and struck out 9.
- Friday March 14, 2014 @ Missouri: Missouri 5, Vols 2. Tennessee had a 2 run lead in the 7th, but Missouri's bats came alive and picked up 3 in the 7th and 2 in the 8th. Tennessee had the tying run at bat in the 9th, but couldn't do anything with it.
- Saturday March 15, 2013 @ Missouri: Vols 4 - Missouri 1; Vols 5 - Missouri 1. Due to inclement weather, the Sunday game was moved forward to Saturday and the Vols and Tigers played a doubleheader. Missouri managed to plate their only run in the first for the early lead, but Tennessee responded in the 2nd to tie it up, and had a great 3 run 8th inning to seal the victory. In the 2nd game Tennessee got off to a fast start, scoring 1 in the 1st and 2 in the 4th to take the game pretty handily.
This Week: ?-?
- #14 Tennessee (17-2) (2-1) vs Austin Peay (8-10) (2-4 OVC)
March 18, 2014
First pitch: 6 p.m. ET @ Lindsey Nelson Stadium, Knoxville, TN
Live Audio: UT Sports
Internet Video: UT Sports
Live Stats: Gametracker
Starting Pitchers: UT RHP Kyle Serrano (2-0, 4.32) vs AP RHP Caleb DeLee (1-1, 8.22)
- #14 Tennessee ( 17-2) (2-1) vs #29 Auburn (13-7) (2-1)
March 21-23, 2014
First pitch: 6 p.m. ET Friday, 4 p.m. ET Saturday, and 2 p.m. Sunday at Lindsey Nelson Stadium, Knoxville, TN
Television: Saturday on CSS
Live Audio: Friday on the SportsAnimal, Saturday on UT Sports, Sunday on the SportsAnimal
Internet Video: Friday on UT Sports, Saturday on WatchESPN, Sunday on UT Sports
Live Stats: Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Starting Pitchers: UT RHP Nick Williams (3-1) vs AU RHP Dillon Ortman (4-1)
UT RHP Hunter Martin (2-0) vs AU RHP Keegan Thompson (4-0)
UT RHP Andrew Lee (2-0) vs AU RHP Justin Camp (1-2)