- Gator fans are happy this morning. Michigan fans are not. What about you? Are you glad Florida will be playing for the National Championship? Do you root for a beloved conference or against a hated rival? Would a Florida victory validate the BCS?
- And what about the BCS? Had there been an eight-team playoff system in place, say something like the one in Carolina March's alternate universe, the Vols would not have made the cut. The Vols likely would not have made the cut even with a 16-team playoff.
- The Vols are headed to Tampa to play Penn State in the Outback Bowl on New Year's Day. Don't know much about the Nittany Lions? Well, neither do I. Yet. Rest assured, I'll be looking into them, and Mike from SB Nation blog Black Shoe Diaries and I will be teaming up to cover the game. As Corn says, you can't spell Outback without "UT."
- Fanblogs has the complete Bowl Schedule. College Football News has ranked the Bowl games from best to the worst. They have Michigan v. USC in the Rose Bowl at No. 1 (the BCS Championship Game is No. 2), and Tennessee v. Penn State in the Outback Bowl at No. 8.
- In NFL news of interest to Vol fans, the Tennessee Titans beat the Indianapolis Colts with a 60-yard field goal.
- Time Capsule: Last year on this day, I was talking about Parity in the SEC, Big 12, and Pac-10, and finishing up the 2005 Animated BCS Race.
- Courtesy of GrossE254, Senior Day YouTubageryism-ish:
UTSports.com also has a really nice 2006 Season Highlight video.