It's Football Nirvana week.
- Florida at Tennessee. CBS, 8:00. Duh.
- LSU v. Auburn. CBS, 3:30. This is a meteor game. The winner of the SEC East is likely to meet, and lose to, one of these teams. Tough call, but probably best to root for the lower-ranked team. It looks good for the conference and may increase the chance at some SEC East team actually winning the conference.
- Ole Miss v. Kentucky. In the off-chance Kentucky somehow competes for the SEC East title, you'll want Ole Miss here.
- Arkansas v. Vanderbilt. Same concept here . . . but . . . UT plays Arkansas later, and a win over a team with a better record will look better. Call it a push.
SEC v. Other Conferences
Always root for the conference in these games . . . unless the SEC team is higher than UT in the polls . . . and unless it's Steve Spurrier.
- Mississippi State v. Tulane.
- Alabama at ULM.
- South Carolina v. Wofford.
- Georgia v. UAB
National Games of Interest
Always root against the teams higher than Tennessee in the polls. If they're both higher, root against the highest-ranked team.
- Nebraska at Southern Cal.
- Michigan at Notre Dame. NBC, 3:30.
- Clemson at Florida State. ESPN, 7:45.
- Miami v. Louisville. ABC, 3:30.
- Oklahoma at Oregon. ABC, 3:30.
- Virginia Tech v. Duke.
- Cincinatti at Ohio State.
- Iowa State at Iowa. ESPN, 12:00.
- Texas at Rice.