Here are your talking points for the last day of Florida week:
- ESPN.com's Mark Schlabach interviews Florida coach Urban Meyer.
- College Football News has its Tennessee-Florida perspective piece up.
Ever since Steve Spurrier left this affair (in 2001), Gators-Vols has acquired an eerie dynamic in which the loser of this game--while perhaps picking up an easy SEC win against a Kentucky or Ole Miss in September--eventually tumbles in October and November. [Several recent examples.]
As you can see, while the winner of this game still has to contend with Georgia, [but] the loser suffers a death blow.
- Injured defensive tackle Justin Harrell has been named a game captain and will start against the Gators this weekend.
- The Tennessean has an article on Florida coach Urban Meyer and quarterbacks Chris Leak and Tim Tebow. There is in fact no controversy at the position, but I think it's too early to say that there won't be one. A lot of the things being said -- by the media, by the coaches, by the players -- are the same things we were saying last year.
- UT running back Arian Foster's status for the Florida game is still in doubt.
- Also, check out today's other posts: The Uh-Oh Stat for the Tennessee-Florida game, Chemistry brewing among the Tennessee Volunteer offense, this week's Hail Mary Haiku, and What to Watch and Who to Root For if you're a Tennessee Volunteer football fan.
All for now. Check in with Orson at Every Day Should Be Saturday today, who's promised a preview of the Vols-Gators game.