1. Ohio State. Undefeated and beat No. 2 Texas soundly.
2. Auburn. Undefeated and beat No. 6 LSU, who's probably better than Texas, but the margin of victory was much closer.
3. Michigan. Undefeated and soundly defeated No. 2 Notre Dame. ND may have been vastly overrated, though, so this might be too much of a bump. What do you think?
4. Florida. Undefeated and barely beat No. 13 Tennessee.
5. USC. Undefeated, but untested unless you count No. 19 Nebraska.
6. Louisville. Undefeated, but untested unless you count Miami. Neither do I.
7. West Virginia. Undefeated, but untested.
8. Oregon. Undefeated, and barely beat No. 15 Oklahoma. Who knows whether they're any good. Update [2006-9-18 22:2:7 by Joel]: Okay. Forget this. Just heard about the officiating error that cost Oklahoma the game. How to resolve?
9. LSU. The best of the one loss teams. Almost beat current No. 2.
10. Texas. Second best one loss team. Loss to No. 1 Ohio State was much worse than LSU's to Auburn.
11. Georgia. Undefeated. Untested.
12. Virginia Tech. Ditto.
13. Notre Dame. Trounceor v. No. 19 Penn State. Trouncee v. No. 11 Michigan.
14. Iowa. Undefeated, but less than impressive win over unranked Syracuse.
15. Tennessee. Barely beat unranked Air Force. Barely lost to current No. 4 Florida.
16. Nebraska. One loss to current No.5 USC, but it's hard to gauge at this time.
17. TCU. Undefeated, but . . . so?
18. Oklahoma. One loss, but only barely to No. 18 Oregon. Probably placing too much emphasis on that game. Update [2006-9-18 22:3:0 by Joel]: See the above comment. This game should have gone the other way.
19. Cal. Recovering from blow-out loss to current No. 15 Tennessee, but against mediocre competition.
20. Boston College. Undefeated, but barely beat . . .
21. Clemson . . . who barely beat . . .
22. Florida State . . . who barely beat Miami, who got stomped by current No. 6 Louisville.
23. Arizona State. Undefeated, but untested.
24. Penn State. Blown out by Notre Dame, who was blown out by Michigan.
25. Alabama. Undefeated, but tested . . . by Vanderbilt. They just barely sneak in here, and they're getting looks from the others, who are wondering who invited them to the party.
So what do y'all think? Any revisions necessary before I must submit the final at 10:00 Wednesday? Leave your comments below.