Here are your Rocky Top Talking Points for post-Florida Tuesday:
- Defensive tackle Justin Harrell, who heroically played his last game as a Tennessee Volunteer against the Gators, had his season-ending bicep surgery on Monday.
- Some unidentified Vol fan won SI.com's Dome of the Week award for his bald-headed artwork. The picture is of the back of the guy's head, so you can't tell whether it's Checkerboard Head, who is at the least a trend-setter.
- Ugh, I. The Vols are ranked dead last in the NCAA Division I-A in kickoff returns with a 12.9 average.
- Ugh, II. Tennessee ranks 87th nationally against the run and 81st in total defense. Not your typical John Chavis defense.
- Ever wonder who's inside that Smokey costume? Meet Big Mike Kennedy, a guy who did it for four years and then went pro.
- Offensive lineman David Ligon was wearing a walking boot on his left foot and did not practice Monday.
- Redshirt freshman Josh McNeil is taking snaps with the first team at center. Former walk-on Michael Frogg has started every game so far.
- Tennessee's September 30th game against Memphis will kick off at 12:00 and will be shown on ESPN2.