Here are your talking points for Friday:
- The Vols will be searching for balance tomorrow against Memphis. Who would have thought the Vols would be leaning on the passing game for yards and wins?
- Thompson-Boling is getting a facelift, ($) and the fact that they want the seats to be black has touched off a debate.
- GoVolsXtra.com has a nice feature piece on defensive tackle Demonte Bolden, a former Parada All-American who's getting compared to Reggie White, John Henderson, Albert Haynesworth, and Jessee Mahelona.
- Dave Hooker's podcast preview of the Tennessee-Memphis game is available. You can subscribe to it through iTunes. Be sure to listen to the interview of LaMarcus Coker, who had several opportunities to say the wrong thing in response to questions, but said the right thing every time.
- Did you realize that the Vols were 3-1 at this time last season as well? It does feel completely different, though, doesn't it? Or does it?
- Check out Corn from a Jar on the death of Johnny Ball.
- If you haven't already, be sure to take a stab at the Tennessee-Memphis Hail Mary Haiku.
- And finally, Tennessee-Marshall highlights: