- Last day for college football bloggers to vote for the 2006 College Football Blogger Awards. Tomorrow, we'll start compiling the announcement posts, which I'm thinking will take at least a week -- perhaps longer.
- If you didn't see Bret Smith's excellent two-point conversion toward the end of the Hula Bowl, here it is (toward the end of the clip):
- As expected, SBN Colts blog Stampede Blue is all over the upcoming game between Indianapolis and New England. Things are apparently getting a little chippy over there, so head on over and take up for Peyton Manning, within the community guidelines, of course! By the way, the latest poll asks you to weigh in on your favorite NFL team. Indy is first at 34%, but "some other team" is currently ahead of the Tennessee Titans. So who is it? Who's the "some other team" that you like?
- A lot of talk around here lately on coach Fulmer, raises, and such. Corn from a Jar took a look at an outsider's view of coach Fulmer , which elicited some great comments, Aerobab asked whether Fulmer should be held responsible when athletes fail academically, Knoxville radio host and contributor to Inside Tennesse advised AD Mike Hamilton not to give Fulmer a raise and Fulmer to beat him to the punch by insisting he not be given one, and now Inside Tennessee is reporting that Hamilton is hinting that Fulmer will indeed not get an increase.
- Don't forget about the Tennessee-Auburn basketball game tonight at 8:00 EST. Lincoln financial telecast. Oh, and University of Arizona transfer J.P. Prince has enrolled at Tennessee, is practicing with the team, and will be eligible to play beginning in January, 2008.