- It's Arkansas week, and while it's all Darren McFadden all the time everywhere else, Ghost of Neyland decided instead to hunt down Friend of Volunteers Clint Stoerner to see what he's been up to. Ghost finds that Stoerner's living a seedy life and subject to taunts from Chinese shopkeepers. Okay, probably not true. But funny. McMore on McFadden later.
- The basketball Vols completed their exhibition season by pounding Lincoln Memorial 124-61. They may as well have been playing the Daves from Lincoln Financial. By the way, Chris Lofton has been named to the AP Preseason All-America first team along with North Carolina's Tyler Hansbrough, Georgetown's Roy Hibbert, Michigan State's Drew Neitzel, and UCLA's Darren Collison. And did you know that the Vols have the sixth best odds of any team in the country of winning a national championship? According to Mark Packer, "The Vols odds are 12 to 1 of winning it all this year. The only teams with better odds are North Carolina, UCLA, Memphis, Kansas and Louisville. Teams below the Vols are Georgetown at 15 to 1, Duke at 18 to 1, Arizona at 20 to 1, Kentucky at 25 to 1 and Florida at 75 to 1."
- In the "other stuff" category, MeytonPanning, jhughes5, and hooper are having a really interesting discussion about Neyland Stadium and the demise of the home crowd advantage. Check it out and add your two cents.
- UTVolsFootball promises to have an interview with Arian Foster's mother sometime today, so keep your eye out for that.
- The football game against Vandy won't be on network t.v. PPV, maybe.
- Sophomore defensive tackle Chase Nelson will miss the remainder of the season after having surgery to correct a right wrist dislocation.
- Welcome to the person who landed at Rocky Top Talk by way of a Google search for how to get toilet paper out of trees.
- Blogger Jonathan Tu will be in town for the Arkansas game, and he needs a ticket. If anyone can help him out, email me. He'd also like to know whether the Vol Navy accepts Asian pirates.
Talking Points: McFadden, McFadden, McFadden . . . Stoerner edition
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.