Yikes. What, have they been saving two weeks' worth of news only to unleash it all in one day? My how things look different on Rocky Top this morning.
- It won't actually be official until 5:00 today, but all of the reports indicate that offensive coordinator David Cutcliffe is in fact going to become the new head coach at Duke. Cutcliffe, who would have made $340,000 next year as the head of Tennessee's offense, will reportedly make between $1.2M and $1.5M over in Durham, NC. He'll likely take running backs coach Kurt Roper and tight ends coach/recruiting coordinator Matt Luke with him over the mountain. Offensive line coach Greg Adkins and receivers coach Trooper Taylor will receive consideration in the search to replace Cutcliffe.
- Speaking of Taylor, he's to interview for the offensive coordinator position at Baylor next week.
- Meanwhile, juniors Jerod Mayo, Arian Foster, Anthony Parker, and Britton Colquitt have submitted paperwork to get a feel for their NFL draft status and will use the information in determining whether to return to Tennessee for their senior seasons.
- Some just-discovered mysterious heart condition will keep Duke Crews off the hardwood indefinitely. The team physician has been quoted as saying that Duke "will return to competition as soon as his condition allows," so at least it's remediable. Best wishes, Duke.
- Kyle predicts that Tennessee will lose to Wisconsin "out of sheer spite."
- And finally, beware of saying "Xmas" in lieu of "Christmas" this season. There's an angry linebacker out there in charge of enforcement. Hat tip to Old Smokey.