Of course everyone will be talking about Wayne Chism's monster game against Vandy on Saturday, but here are a couple of other points to mix into the water-cooler conversation today:
- Coach Pearl had better find a 24-hour dry cleaner stat, as he'll need the orange jacket again tomorrow night when Kentucky comes to town. UT is asking fans to paint the town orange. As Corn from a Jar pointed out yesterday, Tennessee should solidify an invitation to the NCAA Tournament if it wins three of its final six games, which would get them to that elusive 20-victory mark and a 50-50 record in the SEC. The final six games are:
- Kentucky, Tuesday, 2/13/07 at 7:00 p.m. (ESPN);
- at South Carolina, Saturday, 2/17/07, 3:30 p.m. (ABC);
- Alabama, Wednesday, 2/21/07, 8:00 p.m.; (Lincoln Financial)
- at Arkansas, Saturday, 2/24/07, 1:00 p.m. (Lincoln Financial);
- The Abomination, Tuesday, 2/27/07, 9:00 p.m. (ESPN); and
- at Georgia, Saturday, 3/3/07, 4:00 p.m. (no t.v.)
Three wins against that schedule is by no means a given, but the odds look a lot better than they did a week ago. Take a stab at predicting the Vols' record over its final six regular season games over on the new poll on the right sidebar.
- The Tennessean is reporting that Brandon Warren has bolted Florida State and is trying to transfer to Tennessee to play for the Vols. You may recall that Warren, the top high school prospect in the state of Tennessee a year ago, shunned the Vols to play for the Seminoles. He's hoping to win a hardship appeal to the NCAA so that he will be eligible to run through the T next season.
Now, off to your day.