Time's slippin' away again this morning, so we'll have to breeze through the Talking Points:
- Head over to ESPN and sign up (it's free, I'm pretty sure; if it's not let me know, and we'll find something else) for the Rocky Top Talk NCAA Tournament Challenge. Be sure to join the Rocky Top Talk group.
- The day and time for the Vols' first game of the NCAA Tournament has been set for Friday at around 2:45 p.m. Be sure to check out the RTT early scouting report and to contribute to it in the comment section. I've been in touch with Patrick Creaven, Sports Editor of the Daily 49er, and he has graciously agreed to do a short Q&A with us, provided we can get him the questions early enough. Please leave any ideas for questions for Patrick in the comment section below or in the comment section of the preview post.
- I had a little bit of fun with the Budweiser widget just before the Tennessee-LSU game, which led to gramsey712 having a lot of fun with it. Embedding these things turned out to be more of a challenge than I had time for this weekend, but be sure to check out gramsey712's work:
- A special message from Florida coach Urban Meyer.
- Alabama coach Nick Saban sings a little Rocky Top and tells you what's really on his mind.
- Tennessee color analyst Bert Bertelkamp tells you what he thinks of guard Chris Lofton. Somehow, I think we already knew this.
- Steve Spurrier. Enough said.
- College Football News has its 2007 spring preview of the SEC up.
- If you have access, check out this guest appearance from some UCLA Bruin fan on a Tennessee message board. Dude sounds crazy. Here's an excerpt:
How do you think your Vols will be able to adjust to a very intimidating atmosphere at the Rose Bowl? UCLA fans are notorious for being most hostile fans in Pac-10 and probably in the nation (may be UT, Florida come close). But if the game is played at night, all the crazy Bruin fans screaming and yelling would really scare and intimidate your players in my opinions. How will coach Fulmer prepare your players? It will be very tough because I doubt UT players and coaches have ever seen such atmosphere.
It's madness, I tell you.
All for now. Have a great day, and as always, thanks for reading.