It's the Tourney. The basketball Vols are on their way to Atlanta for the SEC Tournament, and their first game, against LSU, will tip off at 9:45 p.m. (!) Thursday. For those heading to Atlanta, you can wiggle your way (read: pay $25 in advance or $30 at the door) into the Big Orange Tailgate Tour (pep band, cheerleaders, and Smokey) on Wednesday night from 5:00 to 7:00 at the Marriott Marquis.
The new poll over on the right sidebar asks how many games the Vols will win in the SEC Tournament. Public service announcement: Tennessee has the worst SEC Tournament record since 1992.
- Uh-oh. Are the earrings next? Is this Inside Tennessee picture of Ainge in Orange with a cap on backwards troubling to anyone but me? Wasn't that one of David Cutcliffe's first messages to Ainge upon re-arrival? Is it a sign of confidence? Is that a good thing?
- Ooooh. Here's an early peek at NCAA '08, with Ainge apparently attempting to complete a pass to someone on the ninth floor of a Vandy dorm.
- A change in venue. If you, like me, aren't able to attend many (okay, well, any) away games, it apparently looks like this. Compare and contrast to watching on t.v. while in Germany. Who knew German was a silent language? You may now consider yourself bilingual.
- Stability. If you haven't seen it already, be sure to check out Andy's take over at the FanHouse on Tennessee capping the value of stability at $2 Million.
- Don't touch that dial, um, button. Speaking of Andy, he and I were kicking around some scheduling things last night, and, well, we have some pretty cool stuff planned, so be sure to stay tuned over the long, slow famine of summer. The recruiting stuff we promised is coming soon.
- We can take a joke. Looking through the RTT referrals yesterday, I stumbled upon a Paul Finebaum production poking fun of Rocky Top. Not bad, really.
Argh. File this under most ridiculous things I have ever seen on a message board:
Its time for Nikki Caldwell to take over for Pat dont yah think ? We need someone to be able to keep up with the LSU coach who just might break all of Pats records one day.
A cheesy welcome. And finally, welcome to ACME Packing Company, a Green Bay Packers blog and SB Nation's newest member.