- The headline from this article by Inside Tennessee's Randy Moore makes it sound like he just doesn't get the whole Schadenfreude thing. Read it, though, and you'll see that he's making a good point. Celebrating another team's off the field incidents has way of boomeranging and leaving a right angle tattoo on your forehead. Still, Loser with Socks is having some fun, ranking the Gators' arrests from best to worst.
- Last year on this day, Peyton Manning was commenting on the 2005 QB controversy. This year, he's talking about not patting the Queen of England on the butt ($) and throwing to our new receivers. Word is that Kenny O'Neal and Quintin Hancock are looking good and that Brent Vinson is fast.
- Todd Raleigh is Tennessee's new baseball coach. Welcome to Rocky Top, coach.
- Tennessee's women's athletic director Joan Cronan's phone "absolutely blew up" after the announcement yesterday that Pat Summit had been hospitalized for dehydration after passing out at her home. Summit stayed the night at the hospital, but she's going to be fine.
- The Power T shines a light on the darkness that is some Alabama fans' response to the recent story about coach Fulmer's involvement in the Jason Foundation. I like Orson's response better than those Alabama fans', and, like new diarist Volter Ego, I love Orson's new name for Gene Wojciechowski -- Gene Unspellable.
Rocky Top Talking Points: beware of the boomerang edition
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.