Dropped Out: Georgia Tech (#18), Arkansas (#22), Hawaii (#23), Louisville (#24).
Here's how you can tell this is a CFAJ-submitted ballot and not a Joel-submitted ballot:
- Florida State's not on it
- South Florida is way up (I just want to be able to say "I told you so" when they beat WVU Friday night)
- I think we had Rutgers way undervalued in previous weeks, probably because we don't see a lot of them down here, being that they're yankees 'n sitch.
- I feel pretty good about the top 5. If I could leave 6-10 blank, I would, because I don't feel there are really that many "top 10"-worthy teams this year. But somebody's got to fill those spots.
- Do I really believe in my heart of hearts that Kentucky is the 15th best team in America? Do I even really believe they're better than Georgia? No, I don't. But at this point, they've done enough to be given a chance to prove they're not that good... or something. Part of the BlogPoll's mission, as I see it, is to let go of the old ways of thinking. So just because Kentucky in the past hasn't been that good doesn't mean this UK team can't be. Until they show they're not, they are. Right.
- Speaking of UGa, why do I have them ahead of Carolina when they have the same record and SC won head-to-head? Note to self: fix that.
- Kansas? Really? And where's Hawaii? Well, KU has scored a bunch of points against bad teams, and the bad teams they've beaten are better than the bad teams Hawaii has beaten, ergo. Rock Chalk Jayhawk.
Suggestions, as always, are desperately needed.
Update [2007-9-26 7:42:49 by CornFromAJar]: Final ballot submitted, with SC at #16 and UGa at #18.