2008 wasn't the best year to be a Tennessee Volunteer football fan. It was, however, a great year to be a Tennessee basketball fan. And a Lady Vols fan. And it was a good summer to be a football fan because football is at least half anticipation anyway. And the coaching change and search was . . . interesting in a rubber-necking sort of way.
Regardless of what was happening on the court, on the field, or in the press conferences, we here at RTT had a fantastic time blogging about it. As we draw the curtains on 2008, I thought we'd pull some of the highlights out of the archives and have one last look.
- Animated BlogPoll: We got all your coaching moves right hyah
- The 10 worst college football logos
- LOL, your logo is sooo scary!
- A short tribute to Chris Lofton
- 5 reasons why Tennessee is the best college basketball team: an open letter to Trev Alberts
- Big Dan Got Mad Ups voted Best Play of 2007
- Where were you when . . . Clint Stoerner fumbled?
- From The VOLult: Tennessee's Toughest Opponents (since 1990)
Anticipating the 2008 football season
- Back to Old School: A Longing Peek at the New Offense
- The Clawfense: Complicated? Yes. Cure-all? Maybe.
- Are the Georgia Bulldogs overrated?
That coaching thing
- On Phillip Fulmer’s last game as a Tennessee Volunteer: a final tribute to The Papa
- Drawing the curtain on Phillip Fulmer’s final act as the head coach of the Tennessee Volunteers
- How I feel about the firing of Phillip Fulmer
- Pants. It’s just pants. Tennessee Volunteers UCLA Bruins immediate post-game ramblings
- Tennessee / Florida Thoughts and Analysis
- Adrift in The Season of Constant Sorrow: the 2008 Tennessee Volunteers
More after the jump.
- Pat Summitt and the Lady Vols Take their eighth NCAA national championship
- Standing O for the Tennessee Volunteers: thanks for the great season
- Tyler Smith nets a triple-double: first in Tennessee history
- RTT on NBC Sports' Hoop It Up: blogging about vomit will lead to bizarre lunchtime phone calls
- Working with the Enemy(ies): This is a bad week to work in Alabama
- Vol Fans, What are your guilty pleasures?
- All-Fulmer Team
- Is this really the worst Tennessee team in history?
- The Greatest Enemy of the Vols: Us.
- We Few, We Happy Few
- What I hope happens if Phillip Fulmer isn't Tennessee's coach after this season
Anticipating the 2008 football season
- In the first half, the team managed to rack up a total of -2 rushing yards ...
- Commentary: Offense, What kind of Number 2’er are you?
- The 29 most boring college football logos
- The 20 coolest college football logos
- The answer to Tennessee’s coaching search: oversigning
- Jacques McClendon bench presses 1.4333 Mark Manginoes
- Mystery solved: the Big Orange Roundtable Roundup
- Polls for People Who Are Tired of Polls: Fermez Votre Bouche
- Wristband mystery solved!
- Animated BlogPoll: Ohio State doing okay but not very well
- What is pterodactyl for "poor comedic timing"?
The coaching thing
- Phillip Fulmer's press conference via YouTube
- Roundup of the Tennessee blogosphere's reactions to Phillip Fulmer’s departure
- Tribute to a Legend, Part 1: Favorite Aspects of the Phillip Fulmer era
- Coach Phillip Fulmer will always be Tevye to me
- Georgia game a potential tipping point for the Fulmer era
- The case for Mike Leach as a Tennessee Volunteer head coach (why we should want him)
- Why Mike Leach should come to Tennessee (why he should want us)
- The Real Case for Brian Kelly: Joel Ain't Got Nothing on me
- Lane Kiffin press conference open thread
- Layla Kiffin photo gallery? Um, no. Not here.
- Eric Berry clean sweeps All-America teams
- Ohio State cornerback Malcolm Jenkins edged Tennessee safety Eric Berry for the Jim Thorpe Award
- Rocky Top Talk welcomes Will from Southeastern Sports Blog
Football game previews/recaps
- UT vs. The One-Armed Judo Champion
- Dr. Joel: Tennessee Volunteers need Zyrtec, immunotherapy for severe allergic reactions
- Opportunity plays ding dong ditch with the Tennessee Volunteers: UT 12, Auburn 14
- Remember ten years ago, when we were good? That was cool: Tennessee 9, Alabama 29
- Tennessee Volunteers vs. South Carolina Gamecocks: the RTT extreme apathetic game preview. Blah!
- Memo to coaches: Volunteers must dictate matters against Gators
- What's an optimist to do? Tennessee Volunteers 12, Auburn Tigers 14
- Tomorrow may be too late: Tennessee Volunteers 13, Northern Illinois Huskies 9