- Yikes. Details on the Vince Faison thing:
- When police found him, he was in his truck,
- in the McDonald's drive-thru,
- at around 3:45 a.m.,
- engine in gear,
- foot on the brake, and
- passed out with a BAC of .22.
It took police raising and dropping his hand three times to wake him up. State penalty? Forty-eight hours in a 6x9, a $350 fine and court costs, and loss of license for one year. Fulmer's penalty? Two games. Yes, brothers in the blogosphere, he's a walk on, but he's a 27-year-old former pro baseball player, Kelly Washington-ish walk-on, so The Papa's punishment isn't as timid as it might seem.
- Tennessee's announced that they're going to retire Ernie Grunfeld's number during halftime of the Kentucky game on March 2. Mike Hamilton knows what he's doing.
- Big game tonight against the Abomination. More on that in the lunch-time-ish post.
- Official nominees for the 2007 College Football Blogger Awards will be announced beginning at around 10:00 EST this morning at Every Day Should Be Saturday. Voting opens tomorrow.
Talking points: drunk in the drive-thru edition
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.