Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.
Photo credit: Fabiola Medeiros
Watching this pot isn't going to make it boil any faster, so here's a link dump to keep you occupied-yet-focuesd and to destroy any productivity you had planned for this afternoon.
Lofton is back in full practice. I don't think much needs to be added to that sentence. Vol Nation can breathe again.
Chism is looking forward to matching up with Padgett. This should be a focal point of your game-watching tonight. If Chism can handle Padgett and doesn't get into foul trouble, we should have good odds at winning. If either (or both!) doesn't happen, our perimeter game is going to have to be there in a big, big way.
- Ghost of Neyland from 3rd Saturday in Blogtober gives a very well-written rundown of the coaching matchup. Included is a picture of perhaps the yellowest orange blazer I've seen. (But don't let that stop you from reading the article!)
Back to the role of underdog. After all, it's been getting a little old being favored in every game. Remember the "good old days" when we were picked to lose half the games and waited on a scrappy team to prove all the pundits wrong? Here's an opportunity for a little nostalgia, then.
- For a less serious take, spin through the preview at Fulmer's Belly.
- Legions of the Miserable gives you a common point to see the Worldwide Leader's take on the two teams. It's not a blog we've linked much, so go check it out. (What? You were planning on working this afternoon?)
- Remember being "40 Minutes" away from #1? Now we're 40 Minutes away from the Elite Eight.
- Card Chronicle, the UL SBNation blog (and current archnemesis of RTT for the day!) has a fantastic rundown on the UT team as seen through the eyes of a Louisville fan. Offense/Defense, player-by-player, tendencies, it's all there. Even some YouTubery.
- Not to be outdone, BruceBall has the second installment of his Louisville preview up. If you missed the first installment, it's here.
- Speaking of YouTubery, don't miss this one: Chris Lofton's Memoirs. Brought to you with by Fulmer's Belly (with much gratitude!). Serious H/T here. This is definitely more important than whatever you're working on. The fate of the free world can wait for your newfound source of free energy. Watch. Now. Again. Again. Again.
That should help keep you busy until you get to go home, fix up a nice meal, get all warm and happy in the tummy, and sit down for a late, late evening of hoops. Joel will provide the game thread this afternoon/evening sometime. But until then, help us pass the time by leaving your thoughts here. It's going to be a long, slow afternoon, so help your fellow Vol ease the wait.