- 3rd Saturday in Blogtober has a few more details on the Jimmy Johns Rammer-Jammer-in-the-Slammer (chest bump to Getoffmyvols for the phrase) story. Selling pit bulls in his uniform? Dealing cocaine in the football complex parking lot? Dude is obviously no Josh Nunes.
- The NBA draft is tonight. Most are giving Chris Lofton no chance, but we've seen him hit shots from near mid-court before, haven't we?
- When I said front-loaded, I meant it. The Tennessee football team will play three top 10 teams in 22 days early in the season this year. Could be fun. Could be disastrous. Will be dramatic.
- Geno Auriemma's latest contract makes him the highest paid coach in the women's game. We can't have that, can we?
- Bruce Feldman weighs in on the SEC speed question.
- The review of the 2007 season isn't off -- just delayed.