- Brandon Warren and Geraldus Williamsanthimus? Any day now, for Warren, says AD Mike Hamilton. For Williams, too, I guess, and the day his mom gets to see him suit up in orange against UAB will be the joyful culmination of an excruciatingly long, arduous process. Is the fan interest in seeing these guys clear their final hurdles warranted? Apparently, as The Papa says that if they both get eligible, both will be "significant contributors."
- Britton Colquitt, who sounds like he's a new man, is teaming up with his dad to help Britton's replacement -- Chad Cunningham -- ready for the first five games. That's really good news on several fronts.
- Do you have what it takes to be an SEC official? (Note: link fixed. SEC Officials /= Notre Dame poster. --hooper) Maybe not. Luckily, there's no test for becoming a critic of SEC officials. If there were, though, I would pass with flying colors, I'm sure.
- Gerald Jones speaks highly of receiver coach Latrell Scott. Speaking of Gerald Jones, dude can sing, too.
- Jonathan Crompton: just how similar is he to Tee Martin?
- Last week's recap of the Big Orange Roundtable is at Gate 21. YMSWWC has this week's questions.
Condolences to the family of John Mark Stallings, son of former Alabama coach Gene Stallings. Looks like he was a really special guy.
- Fulmer's Belly is, like me, dragging stuff out of the archives, and featuring some of his classic posts, one of which includes this fantastic line: "Bryant Denny Stadium was built sometime in the past, most likely by workers," which for some reason I just find hilarious.
- What do you know? Not only does ESPN do college football right, but bloggers are saying so.
- Welcome to new SB Nation blog House of Sparky, an Arizona State blog. He's got his angry eyes on!