- Gobbler Country, on the Nike Pro Combat Uniforms Virginia Tech will wear against Maryland: "I get the feeling VT and Florida State are getting the jerseys Oregon said 'no' to."
- Continuing emotional fallout from Iowa's loss to Northwestern: The Rivalry, Esq.'s resident Iowa author says that it wasn't so much that the winning streak ended, it was that it wasn't supposed to end like this. And Black Heart Gold Pants notes that the team just couldn't overcome the loss of injured QB Rick Stanzi.
- Spencer Hall posts his weekly College Football Alphabetical. Don't miss "H" and "S."
- The Word of the Day for Michigan football: Gack. But there's a bright side:
Still. Saturday could've been worse. A year ago I sat through a miserable downpour in 28 degree weather to watch Michigan lose to a Northwestern team they probably could've beaten. But Saturday wasn't like that.
Saturday was sunny.
- Black Shoe Diaries bids adieu to casual Penn State fans until next season.
- Team Speeds Kills, on the lessons learned from the weekend.
- Basketball season kicks off, and North Carolina is out of the gate with an 88-72 win over Florida International.
Around the SB Nation: Hokies' uniforms worst ever?
By Joel Hollingsworth Updated