- With FSU defensive coordinator Mickey Andrews retiring at the end of the season, which of current head coach Bobby Bowden or head coach in waiting Jimbo Fisher will choose his replacement? Tomahawk Nation says Bowden is crazy if he thinks it's his decision, and Team Speed Kills weighs in from afar, noting the unintended consequence of coach-in-waiting scenarios.
- Brandon Spikes has taken it upon himself to extend his suspension from the Meyer-required half game against Vanderbilt to the entire game. Give the guy credit; it's a classy move that will go a long way toward diminishing the heat he's received this week. By the way, is the criticism a result of doing what he did and being caught in the act or because Spikes is "an easy target for any Gator hater or anyone scared of big black dudes with dreads"? We report, you decide.
- From Black Heart Gold Pants: Franz Kafka rises from the dead to join the GameDay crew in Iowa City.
- The Rivalry, Esq. has SB Nation's weekly Big Ten Power Poll.
- Hail to the Orange identifies the seven games Illini fans can't afford to miss this season.